Per Mollerup was born in the year 1942. He obtained his Doctor of Technology from Lund University, Sweden in 1997 and Master of Business Administration from Aarhus School of Business, Denmark in 1968.
His distinguished career includes:-
Professor of Communication Design at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, 2009
Professor in Design at Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Oslo, 2006–2009
Managing Director of Designlab A/S, 1984–2009
Editor and publisher of Tools Design Journal, 1984–1988
Editor and publisher of Mobilia Design Magazine, 1974–1984
Per Mollerup was the recipient of several prizes and grants. He was an Honorary member of Estonian Association of Designers and had served as a keynote speaker and chaired at international conferences.
Some of his notable design projects include:-
Copenhagen Airport, Copenhagen Denmark, Visual Identity and Wayshowing, 1989.
Oslo Airport, Oslo, Norway, Visual Identity and Wayshowing, 1996.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Stoclholm, Sweden Wayshowiing 1997.
Arlanda Express, Stockholm, Sweden, Visual Identity and Wayshowing for
airport trains, 1998
Metro Copenhagen Denmark. Visual Identity and Wayshowing, 2002
Per Mollerup, leading a group of international experts, has developed proposals for national design policies for Estonia (2003), Latvia (2004), and Lithuania (2008).
He is also the author of several design books including:
- Simplicity: A Matter of Design, Amsterdam, 2015 (in print)
- Data Design: Visualising quantitites, locations, connections, London 2015
- Wayshowing>Wayfinding: Basic & Interactive, Amsterdam, 2013
- Brandbook, Branding / Følelser / Fornuft (Brandbook, Branding / Feelings / Reason), Copenhagen 2008
- Wayshowing, A Guide to Environmental Signage, Baden CH 2005. New, expanded edition to appear 2013.
- Collapsibles, A Design Album of Space-Saving Objects, London 2001
- Marks of Excellence, The History and Taxonomy of Trademarks, London 1997. New, expanded edition, 2013. Also published in French.
- Svar på 10 spørgsmål om design af visuel identitet (Answer to 10 – Questions About Design of Visual Identity), Copenhagen 1998
- Godt nok er ikke nok (Good Enough is Not Enough), Copenhagen 1992
- Design att leva med (Design for Life), Copenhagen 1986, Also published in Lithuanian, Norwegian, and Swedish.